For decades, and still today, the Formula Renault has been the stepping stone of racing careers of many of the greatest champions.
The latest FR2.0 specification created by Dallara is a simple yet efficient single-seater giving the young guns driving it the perfect tool to enhance their driving skills.
- Type: Honeycomb and carbon fiber monocoque
- Bodywork: Carbon-fiber
- Aerodynamic features: Front and rear wings, diffuser
Its carbon-fibre honeycomb monocoque chassis complies with the FIA F3 2012 safety standards, with the exception of the lateral anti-intrusion panels. Wind-tunnel tested and analysed using CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics), the aerodynamics create considerable downforce and minimal drag, enable faster cornering and improve braking stability. The result is a car not unlike the Formula Renault 3.5 in terms of performance and handling.
Axles, suspension and wheels:
- Front suspension: Single adjustable twin-tube shock absorber
- Rear suspension: Double adjustable twin-tube shock absorber
- Brakes: 4-piston callipers with 278x18mm steel discs
Fitted with two-way adjustable shock absorbers, the suspension system provides tried-and-tested solutions, with a single damper at the front and a double damper at the rear, while the tyres have been specifically developed by Michelin. The Formula Renault 2.0 car can run for more than 200km on a single set. The braking set-up is another of the new single-seater’s strong points. Identical on all four wheels, the floating-disc and four-piston calliper system uses latest generation technology and boosts both performance and durability.
- Type Renault F4R 832 - 4-cylinder - 16-valve - 1998 cc
- Bore & stroke 82.7 x 93 mm
- Max. power 210 bhp at 7,150 rpm
- Max. torque 220 Nm at 5,500 rpm
- Max. engine speed 7,500 rpm
Based on the Clio III Renault Sport Mk 2, the 4-cylinder, 2.0L, 16v, 210bhp engine is coupled to a seven-speed sequential gearbox operated by paddle shifters and electric actuators. The Formula Renault 2.0 car also boasts a transmission system that is new to this category and price level. The gearbox acquaints drivers with a series of features they will operate throughout their careers, all the way to Formula One.
Engine and gearbox management is provided by an engine control unit (ECU) that only Renault Sport Technologies has access to. Connected to sensors built into the car, a second ECU collects data, while the steering wheel, complete with colour instrument panel, supplies drivers and teams with all the information they need.
- Rims : One-piece aluminium, 9x13 (front) and 10.5 x13 (rear)
- Types : Michelin tyres, 20-54 x 13 (front) and 24-57 x 13 (rear)
- Gearbox : 7-speed sequential gearbox + reverse
- Gearshift Electric, semi-automatic steering wheel-mounted
- Differential Limited slip, auto-locking differential
- Clutch Cerametallic twin-disk